Implementation Strategies are a planning tool designed to provide priorities for the Action Agenda for Puget Sound, guide funding decisions, and serve as a road map for aligning Puget Sound recovery opportunities across agencies and programs. Implementation Strategies are produced using a process created by the Puget Sound Partnership. As part of this process, PSI researchers write two technical appendices that provide program and scientific information relevant to the strategies. PSI staff also conduct analyses relating to critical uncertainties hampering the implementation and/or development of Implementation Strategies. More information about Implementation Strategies, and links to Implementation Strategy products prepared by our partners, is provided in this Salish Sea Currents article, on this Strategic Initiatives for Puget Sound webpage, and on this Encyclopedia of Puget Sound webpage.
Base Program Analysis appendices assess ongoing programs with potential to help regional partners operationalize Implementation Strategies. They are developed consistent with National Estuary Program guidance for base program analysis (EPA 1993). Findings derived from recovery grant synthesis reports are a major data source for these evaluations.
- Shoreline Armoring Vital Sign Base Program Analysis (2018)
- Benthic Index of Biotic Integrity (B-IBI) Indicator Base Program Analysis (2020)
- Land Development and Cover Base Program Analysis (2020)
- Toxics in Fish Vital Sign Base Program Analysis (2021)
- Marine Water Quality (in progress)
State of Knowledge appendices provide a technical and scientific foundation for Implementation Strategies. These reports include a compilation of research gaps and monitoring needs identified during the Implementation Strategy development process.
- Shoreline Armoring Vital Sign State of Knowledge (2018)
- B-IBI State of Knowledge (2020)
- Toxics in Fish State of Knowledge (in progress)
- Marine Water Quality State of Knowledge (in progress)
Critical Analyses and NEP Synthesis Reports advance integration of technical and scientific information into development and operationalization of Implementation Strategies.
- exUGA Residential Housing Growth in the Puget Sound Region, 2011-2016 (2018)
- Are Low Flows increasing in Puget Sound Streams? (2018)
- Shoreline Loan Program Feasibility Study (2021)
- Stormwater Utility Fee Critical Analysis (coming soon)
- Multi-benefit Agricultural Delta Synthesis (coming soon)
- Land cover projection model (in progress)
- PCB Sediment Data (in progress)
Additional analysis and modeling products prepared to support development and adaptive management of the Implementation Strategy program include:
- Determining a rational sequence of Vital Signs for IS development
- Determining a rational sequence of Vital Signs for IS development Appendix
- Determining synergies and conflicts among Vital Signs and proposing two or more clustered Implementation Strategies
- Determining synergies and conflicts among Vital Signs and proposing two or more clustered Implementation Strategies Appendix
- Enhancing the Resilience of Puget Sound Recovery: A Path Through the Maze of Resilience Thinking (2019)
- A causative network of Vital Signs
- Boundary spanning paper (in progress)