Tarang Khangaonkar, Ph.D., P.E.
Dr. Khangaonkar is the Director of the Salish Sea Modeling Center (SSMC) at University of Washington Puget Sound Institute, through a dual appointment with Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL). He brings the necessary enthusiasm, expertise, experience and vision to SSMC. This includes goals such as advancement and use of state-of-the-art models of the Salish Sea ecosystem, to foster a transparent and collaborative environment for ocean modeling, and, to continue expansion, and development of the Salish Sea Model – Operational Forecast System for our community.
• Coastal circulation and hydrodynamic modeling
• Water quality and biogeochemical processes modeling
• Effluent mixing and fate and transport modeling
• Nearshore habitat restoration design
• Climate change and sea level rise
• Ocean acidification
• Sediment transport and littoral processes
• Toxics fate and transport modeling
• Integrated modeling of riverine, floodplain, estuarine, and coastal watersheds